04 June 2012

Life is Good

Today was a great day!
Mo had a doctors appointment this morning, she she got a shower (thats another story entirely), and we got there, and we both adore her new doctor.  He spent almost an hour talking to her, asking questions, and basically getting her life story, and listening to her.  Yes thats right people LISTENING to her.
I totally recommend this doctor, he is Doctor Bob Arthur on E Washington Street in Indianapolis, In. 
He is funny, and very personable. 
He took basic cholesterol, blood sugar, those kinds of tests that could be taken right there (her blood sugar was 453, egads!)  He didn't adjust any of her meds, what he wants me to do is keep her on the same insulin, and take her blood sugar a couple of times a day, to see where she is at with it for two weeks.  After that, he will adjust accordingly.  And finally, I have found a doctor that agrees with me that she might be brittle diabetic, everyone else kept telling me she wasn't.  He gave me three referrals to different doctors, an endocronologist, a kidney doctor, and a therapist for her depression.
After that, we went to Sam's Club, and found a few things (and they had samples, so she got to have fun with those!) Got a bag of mixed fruit, some strawberries and cherries, and a box of filet mignon that has the bacon around it, she loves that stuff.
After that, I ran into Walmart real quick, got some sugar free whipped topping, and a couple of over the door shoe racks.  I don't have enough shoes to fill the thing, but I have a habit of throwing things in it anyway.  Once a few years ago, I kept one hanging by my bed, for all the little things use seem to need when you are getting ready for bed, or what not.  Eyeglasses, cell phone, inkpens, little notebooks, stuff that might have been in your pockets, and there was even one hole I had for bills/mail. 
We swung by Taco Bell (I know, too fatty, too carby, etc, but eh, sometimes you have to blow it), came home, and while she chowed down, I got the stuff into the house, the dog taken care of, Idiot Dog, (yes, that is his name) had knocked the recliner in front of the front door, and I had a heck of a time getting in!
Actually his name is Ezekiel Galileo, but quite often he lives up to his nickname of Idiot Dog.
Once I finally got to eat, I started in on supper (starting early because it takes time) making potato salad, cucumber salad, and chicken salad.  Just one of those hot days where hot foods just make you go *ew, ick*.

I know I was supposed to be doing something else for supper tonight, but thats the good thing about working out of the home, I basically get to do what I want, and Im de Momma!  (If you are old enough to remember the Dinosaurs, you will understand the reference!)

Tomorrow is Marvins turn at the doctor.  Life is really good, yes, we all have days where we want to pull out every hair in our heads, but the good days totally make up for those days.

No comments: